Teresa Ramirez Lopez was elected Justice of the Peace in the West McDowell precinct in 2018 after working in and around the Maricopa County Justice Courts for several years as a Hearing Officer. She built a career on government relations and communication, working with Salt River Project and the Governor’s Office of the State of Arizona.
Judge Lopez holds an associate’s degree in legal arts and a bachelor’s degree in management.
Additionally, Judge Lopez has been active in multiple organizations that contribute to community equality and justice:
- 2011-Present: Board member, eLatina Voices
- 2012-Present: Member, Governor’s Advisory Council on Aging
- 2013-Present: Member, Comadres in Action
- Member, Alzheimer’s Association Desert Southwest Chapter - Advocacy Committee
- Member, Barrios Unidos
- 1992-1995: Board member, Valle del Sol
- Past member, Arizona Latino Research Enterprise