NEW: Meet our new Courthouse Navigators: staff trained to help you at the courthouse and answer your questions. Click Here

Americans with Disabilities Act

Find A Form Americans with Disabilities Act

Making the Request

Courts wish to be accessible to all. If you have a court hearing coming up and are in need of special accommodations to attend, please download and fill out our Americans with Disabilities Act Accommodation Request Form.

Please complete this form and present it to the court which is handling your case. Some courts will accept this form by email. You can send email through links on our Locations page. Alternative means of submitting an accommodation request, such as by personal interview or a tape recording, will be made available to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request to court staff.

Upon receiving the form the court will provide a response as soon as reasonably possible. For additional detailed information about the Maricopa County Superior Court's Title II ADA policies, please read Maricopa County Superior Court's Notice of Court Access Information for Persons with Disabilities.

Hearing Impaired?

For a hearing-impaired person who does not read sign language or for whom assisted listening devices will not work, seeing words on a screen can be the best way to understand what is being said in court. To facilitate this, the Judicial Branch can provide technology called CART:  Communication Access Real-time Translation. The CART provider hears what is being said and converts it to text in real time, much like a court reporter, for the hearing impaired person to read on a screen.

All requests for CART must be made at least two weeks in advance to Superior Court’s ADA Coordinator.

Grievance Procedure

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your ADA request, Maricopa County Superior Court has an official Grievance Procedure you may use.

Grievances must be filed within 60 days of the alleged discriminatory act. You may also utilize any other remedy allowed under federal or state law by filing a complaint with the appropriate federal or state agency.